VA Home Loan Overview
A Veterans Administration (VA) Loan is a specific type of home loan program that assists US armed forces service members in the purchase of a primary residence. We are proud to offer this program to those willing to serve.
A VA home loan has significant advantages over other loan programs. Even with 100% financing, there is no monthly mortgage insurance expense and the VA required loan funding fee is allowed to be financed into the loan. There is a limitation to the maximum loan amount which is based on the individual circumstances of the buyer. Credit and income qualification is required for any loan amount using the VA loan program.
Significant benefits of using the VA loan program:
- No down payment is required under typical circumstances
- A seller is allowed to pay all of a buyers expenses related to a purchase transaction
- Rates are generally lower than conventional loan programs
- No monthly mortgage insurance costs
- A few simple documents are all it takes to determine pre-approval
- You can use up to 90% of your home’s equity to take cash out on a refinance and consolidate debt
- Streamline refinance options are available using your existing VA loan without obtaining an appraisal or going through the full qualifying process of a regular refinances
- There are no prepayment penalties
Late charge cannot be assessed unless payment is more than 15 days overdue